26 Apr Building Your Brand
Don’t let branding your company give you a headache; we’ve got you covered!
Branding is not a difficult thing to do if you know who you are and how you want to be perceived by others. Branding goes way beyond just a logo or graphic element. When you think about your brand, you really want to think about your entire patient experience. Everything from your logo, your website, your social media experiences, the way you answer the phone, to the way your patients experience your staff is part of your unique brand.
Know What Your Brand Means
The first step in building your brand is to actually know what your brand means or what you want it to mean. Write down all the characteristics that describe what you are and how you would like to be perceived. Once you compile that list, you should fine-tune it and make sure you have full command of your brand in order to reach your patients and, more importantly, your potential patients. The adjectives and characteristics that make up your brand should differentiate you from your competitors and provide a clear understanding of what your business is not only capable of doing, but also what it is known for. Here are three steps to assist with acknowledging what your brand means:
- Understand the business niche you are in and how you differ from competitors.
- Know your target audience to the core.
- Fully grasp how your product and services hit the sweet spot of your audience’s needs.
Make Your Employees Brand Ambassadors
Make sure your employees know what the brand stands for and are true to the brand in everything they do. Often the owner and management know what the brand equals, but the people actually interacting with patients do not fully grasp the brand and its intent. It’s important that everyone is reading from the same playbook and knows what the brand stands for and how to represent it properly. Follow these three steps to assist with making your employees brand ambassadors:
- Fully capture what your brand equals in an easily digestible format.
- Train your employees to embody the brand and what it equals.
- Have systems and protocols in place to aid employees in keeping the core of the brand top of mind.
Communicate Your Brand to the Public
This step takes knowing and living the brand as a company, as well as communicating what you equal to others. Communicating your brand positioning is not just about the adjectives you choose to support what the brand equals. It also involves the methods and manner in which you are communicating the brand to the general public and, more importantly, to your target patients. Follow these three steps to assist with communicating your brand to the public:
- Devise the manner in which employees should interact with patients.
- Put together a check and balance system to ensure employee-to-patientmessaging stays on brand.
- Carefully consider the first and last impression you want to make when communicating the brand with the public.
ClickMD Marketing is a marketing agency specializing in physicians and healthcare facilities. Contact us today to learn more about what we can do for you including branding. Your patients are only one click away!